Notion Finance Tracker Template (I Will Teach You To Be Rich principles)
A thoughtfully designed financial planner built with Ramit Sethi's principles outlined in I Will Teach You To Be Rich.
Know more details about this template’s features? Click here
Notion Combo Marvels
Twice the Productivity Power With Template Bundles
Why did I create this template?
I created this template after reading the book I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi a couple of times. His approach to personal finance is unique and approachable. Reading a finance book and actually putting the knowledge into practice in an effective way can be a definite challenge. After adopting his principles and applying them to my own finances, I thought a Notion template could be a useful and accessible tool for other individuals who have read the book. It offers a strong starting point for living your "Rich Life".
What's inside the template?
Inside this template is a primary page where you have a location to log your income. Which is then broken down into 4 categories, the exact same categories as outlined in the book. Those 4 categories show the total dollar amounts for each one and the percentage of your income that it requires. Additionally, There are even more tools:
- A bill due date calendar
- The ability to mark expenses as a subscription
- The ability to group and sort expenses by financial institution
A resource page of all the formulas used in the template
A goals page for creating and tracking money-saving goals
A goals page for creating and tracking debt repayment goals
Buttons to allow for quick adding of new expenses
Step-by-step guides (with screenshots) of how to perform standard operations
How to use the template?
To use this template you must enter your income, as well as enter all of your expenses and subscriptions. Each expense and subscription must be linked to its appropriate category. Once all that is done, you simply keep it maintained and updated on a recurring basis. Ensuring that your income amount stays current and that you add or remove expenses.
What are the benefits of the template?
The benefits of using this template are that:
- You can simply and easily manage your finances exactly how the book instructs you to.
- You can track your bills and expenses.
- You can automatically see the long-term costs of things (ex. Netflix subscription - $9.99 actually costs you $119.88 per year). Which can give more perspective on where you WANT to spend your money.
- You can keep track of your accounts and what expenses go to which accounts.
- You can keep track of what expenses are automatic and which ones are not.
- You are able to track the percentage of what each expense category occupies and keep within the recommendations outlined in the book.
- You can create savings goals to plan for large future purchases, emergencies, and more.
- You can set debt repayment goals to truly prioritize good financial health and live debt free.
Notion Workspaces 🪴
A collection of best templates by best makers, Coming Up next