Ultimate Story Planner
Curated for comic creators: story planning and organization, progress tracking, marketing, and more!
Know more details about this template’s features? Click here
Notion Combo Marvels
Twice the Productivity Power With Template Bundles
Why did I make this?
As a creator myself, I've run into the following problems:
- I've thought up so many interesting scenes, but there's nowhere to put them
- Can't track whether or not certain pieces of lore have already been explored in the story; did I write about this already?
- No easy way to tell if there are any plot holes or lore aspects that need figuring out
- Naming things is hard! It's hard to talk about things without a name, and then to go back and change every instance of it afterwards
- There aren't any good, or tightly coupled way to track progress
- I want readers, but have no established fanbase and no marketing strategy
So I created this template to solve them!
How will this help?
By using this template, you will be able to:
- 📚 Organize and track everything about your world in a beautiful, easy-to-read manner
- 🗂️ Use comprehensive, intermingling databases for tracking lore, seeing what scripts still need work, easily giving context, and more
- 🎓 Learn how to use dynamic variables to get past any naming issues
- 📅 Track your progress in a clear and structured way with defined goals and metrics
- 💖 Brainstorm and act on ways to market your work and gain a fanbase
- ✨ View super detailed guides and examples for all of the above!
- 🎨 Resources and tools for art, writing, storyboarding, and more
- 📚 A full list of shorthands and notations, all with image references and descriptions, for faster and more effective script writing
- ✨ A wealth of detailed guides and examples on how to best plan out your story:
- 📘 Plot overview, outlines, act structures, and character arcs
- 💭 Things to think about when writing or figuring out lore aspects
- 📜 What to consider when scripting, and how to effectively write an interesting script
- 😃 How to write character profiles and track their relationships
- 🏫 How to organize, track, plan out a diversity of bonus content
- ☕ Step-by-step image tutorials on how to use this template, and how to use Notion!
And more, all with great detail and attention!
What makes this special?
While there are templates for writers and novelists out there, none of them are for comics! Creating an art-filled story of any kind is a huge amount of work; it takes perhaps double the amount of planning and organization for it to all be able to come together. Properly and cleanly laying things out is essential. And with this template, great organization will come super naturally!
Not only that, but this is not just a template; it contains step-by-step image tutorials for those new to Notion, as well as detailed guides, resources, and sample content for storywriting, worldbuilding, scripting, drawing, and more!
It also goes beyond the story to bring you information about the publishing and promotional side of creating a comic. Let people see all that hard work!
How do I use this?
Comprehensive, step-by-step image tutorials are available right inside the template, from how to get started and duplicate it into your workspace, to how to use its more intricate parts. And if you need extra help--I'm just an ask away!
Notion Workspaces 🪴
A Workspace for everyone, by best makers